Tuesday, January 17, 2017

5 Things I've Learned in 4 Years of Business


This month I’m celebrating the 4 year anniversary of opening Holistic Healing Massage & Spa in Des Moines. Four years ago, I set out on my own to create a massage practice that helped people in the best way I knew how -- holistically with passion and compassion. In that time, I’ve learned a lot of things about myself, my industry, and my clients.
  1. The power of energy work. In addition to being a licensed massage therapist, I’m also professionally trained and licensed in a variety of energy modalities. Since opening the massage practice four years ago, I’ve become a Reiki master and trained in Access Consciousness. The healing power of massage is wonderful, but it’s miraculous what adding energy work to your routine can do. I’ve seen patients find real, holistic healing from the energy work that they may have never seen from traditional massage alone.
  2. Not everybody likes to be massaged or touched. As a massage therapist, this has been quite the revelation for me, but it’s true -- not everyone likes to be massaged. But the really cool thing is -- I have learned new ways to help them heal without using heavy touch. With neural reset therapy, I’m able to use specific, light movements that help the muscles relax. The results can be as good as a deep tissue massage without as much body contact. I love learning all the new modalities to treat each client individually.
  3. Feeling beautiful is important to health. Over the past 4 years, I’ve continued my education to include spa and beauty treatments like eco fin, sugar scrubs, and polishes. These treatments help my clients feel beautiful, pampered, and cared for. You’d be surprised how much healthy you can be, just by feeling better about yourself.
  4. Taking care of myself needs to be a top priority. Even though as a massage therapist I understand how important self-care is, I don’t always follow my own advice. Since opening my own business, I’ve learned first hand how important it is that I practice self-care to keep myself holistically healthy. Now I focus on this by creating a healthy home environment by using himalayan salt lamps, natural cleaning products, and natural beauty products.
  5. My clients are like friends and family. The very best part about my massage practice in Des Moines is all the people I’ve met. My clients have become like friends and family. I care about their lives and really care about keeping them healthy. I feel so lucky.
Finally, I want to say a big thank you to all my friends, family, and clients that have supported me over the past 4 years with my massage practice in Des Moines. Without you, I couldn’t keep doing what I love. I feel very lucky! As I continue with my massage business, I look forward to learning new modalities, meeting new people, and helping my clients with their health.

No comments:

Post a Comment